Out of stock, but available to order.
Subject to oversize shipping charge.
- 11" HD Optical Tube Assembly
- CGX EQ Mount and Tripod
- Celestron’s premium StarBright XLT coatings provide maximum light transmission
- A 9x50 finderscope, 2” mirror diagonal for more comfortable viewing, and wide-angle 23 mm Luminos 2" eyepiece are all included
CGX 1100 HD combines Celestron's all-new state of the art CGX computerized equatorial mount with its acclaimed EdgeHD optical system. With an optical tube assembly weighing only 28 lbs., this telescope is still portable enough to be taken to dark skies, and has 89% more light gathering power than an 8" telescope and 40% more than the 9.25". For astrophotography, the CGX mount offers a sturdier, stouter platform, with a smoother, heavy-duty belt drive system, new electronic and ergonomic features that favor worry free remote operation, plus all new advanced software.
In addition to EdgeHD’s optimized optical design, the telescope tube has been redesigned to make sure you get the most from your optics each and every night.
- Mirror clutches - Flexible tension clutches hold the mirror in place and reduce image shift when taking long exposure astro-images. Once focused, the flexible rods allow the mirror to be held in place without putting any force or pressure on the mirror assembly, keeping the image centered in the eyepiece (or on the sensor).
- Tube vents - Cooling vents located on the rear cell allow hot air to be released from behind the primary mirror. Each vent has an integrated 95-micron micromesh filter guaranteed to let warm air out without letting dust in.
- Fastar versatility - EdgeHD is the most versatile imaging telescope available today. At its native f/10, you can achieve the image scale necessary to capture the smallest of deep sky objects. Add the optional reducer lens—custom-designed for your size EdgeHD tube—and you can increase your field of view without sacrificing optical performance. All EdgeHD optical tubes are Fastar-compatible, allowing the secondary mirror to be removed and replaced with a third party lens accessory for ultra-fast f/2 wide field imaging.
Celestron’s workhorse CGEM mount lineup has been the German Equatorial backbone for telescopes ranging from 6 to 11 inches of aperture. Since that time, many more astro-imagers and planetarium controlled setups have emerged as backyard telescope technology has evolved. Celestron’s engineering team applied their years of experience designing German Equatorial mounts to the all-new CGX EQ, a culmination of all the advancements made to our technologies, value, and ease-of-use.
- All-new design. Sturdier and more rigid with quicker dampening time
- Increased load capacity to 55 lbs.
- Improved motors provide more torque, better slewing and tracking under heavy loads
- Heavy Duty belt-drive system minimizes backlash while providing smooth motor operation under heavy loads
- Spring-loaded brass worm wheel and stainless steel worm gear reduce friction and provide optimum gear mesh
- Internal cabling for worry-free remote operation. Power input and accessory ports remain stationary while the mount slews to avoid snags
- Internal hard stops for both axes prevents cable tension and tripod strike
- Internal optical sensors on both axes for simple and safe remote operation
- Home sensors allow the mount to always start in the index position regardless of orientation before a power reset
- Limit sensors automatically shut off slewing or tracking before reaching the hard stop fail safe
- Brand new control software developed in conjunction with PlaneWave Instruments for professional level control operation and imaging
- Wider tripod stance for improved stability
- Adjustable EQ head position to optimize center of gravity over the tripod and fully utilize the increased 3°-65° latitude range
- Dual-fit CG-5/Vixen and CGE/Losmandy dovetail saddle
- All-new NexStar+ hand control with USB port
- Two AUX accessory ports to support wireless/WiFi alignment and operation with StarSense AutoAlign and SkyPortal WiFi Module accessories (sold separately)
- USB 2.0 port, used to connect directly to PC with included software
- Autoguider port
- PPEC ready
- Threaded 12VDC power input barrel connector
- Internal Real Time Clock (keeps time and site information saved)
|Aperture (mm)||279.4 mm (11 in)|
|Dovetail Compatibility||CGE Mount|
|EQ Head Weight||44 lbs|
|Focal Length||2800 mm (110 in)|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 1 ...||23 mm (0.91 in)|
|Highest Useful Magnification||660x|
|Instrument load capacity||55lbs|
|Latitude adjustment range||3"-65"|
|Light Gathering Power (Comp...||1593x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||14.7|
|Lowest Useful Magnification||40x|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 1||122x|
|Max Slew Speed||5"/second (4"/second is default)|
|Mount||German Equatorial Mount|
|Number of Auxiliary ports (...||2|
|Optical Coatings||StarBright XLT|
|Optical Tube Info:||N.A.|
|Optical Tube Length||24 in (610 mm)|
|Optical Tube Weight||28 lbs (13 kg)|
|Resolution (Dawes)||0.42 arc seconds|
|Resolution (Rayleigh)||0.5 arc seconds|
|Secondary Mirror Obstructio...||12%|
|Software||New Telescope control PC software|
|Star Diagonal||2" w/ 1.25" adapter|
|Tracking Rates||Sidereal, Solar and Lunar|
|Tripod height adjustment range||47.25" to 77.5" including EQ headA|
|Tripod leg diameter||2"|
|Tripod Weight||19.2 lbs|
|_3...||3 x 11 lbs counterweight|
|_4...||NexStar+ Hand Control|
|_5...||DC Power Cable (plugs into cigarette lighter socket)|