Yes, our inventory is accurate!
The relentless spread of urbanization and its associated light pollution have become a growing problem for all amateurs and astrophotographers. The current solutions to the problem can be expensive and might include the purchase of a monochrome camera, several types of narrowband filters, and a filter wheel.
L-eNhance provides an economical and practical solution for amateurs. It is a dual-band pass filter which has been designed for DSLR (digital SLR), color CMOS and CCD cameras. The convenience and cost effectiveness of this filter allows amateurs to image a rich selection of astronomical images, even in bright, heavily light-polluted areas.
Optolong believes the design of our L-eNhance filter is a technical innovation among filters. It effectively isolates the H-Alpha, H-Beta, and Oxygen III nebula emission lines and achieves a maximum transmission of up to 90%. The performance of this filter delivers images that superbly control the impact from light polluted skies.
L-eNhance Filter Spectrum Curve
According to the characteristics of celestial body emission lines and feature of light pollution span of spectrum, Optolong specially designed and optimized dual-band L-eNhance filter in order to retain the prominent color of nebula RGB while blocking out most of light pollution.
Which to Choose?
- L-Pro provides the broadest spectrum and most natural color. Suitable for imaging nebula and galaxy targets.
- UHC is not as broad spectrum, less natural color, but will block more stray light and skyglow than the L-Pro. Best suited to nebula targets, not broad spectrum targets like galaxies or clusters.
- L-Enhance is a narrow tri-band filter. Best suited to capturing dim nebula targets. Will decrease brightness of surrounding stars, allowing for more faint detail.
If you plan to use the filter to image a wide range of targets, the L-Pro is the most versatile. The L-Enhance will provide the most faint detail on emission nebula, and the UHC is a budget option in the middle.
|Blocking depth:||light pollution line blocking >99%|
|Transmitted Wavefront RMS:||λ/4|
- Non-cemented optical substrate coating
- Electron-beam gun evaporation with Ion-assisted deposition coating technology for durability and resistance to scratching, as well as stability on CWL (central wavelength); no deviation affected by temperature change
- Planetary rotation system offers precision and homogeneity of coatings ensuring high value on transmission of pass-band and Optical density of off-band
- Ultra-thin filter cell minimizes vignetting by maximizing possible clear aperture (clear aperture is 26mm for 1.25”; 45mm for 2”)
- Aerometal Material
- Precise CNC Machining
- Sand Blasting Process
- Black Anodized Finish
- Extinction Treatment to Prevent Reflection
- Laser Engraving No Fading
- Plastic PP Case
- Imported High Pressure EVA Case Lining
- Silver Cardboard Box
- High Density Sponge Carton Lining
- Standard 1.25”
- Standard 2”
- Canon APS-C Clip Filter
APS-C Clip filter is tested and compatible with the following camera models: 7D2/80D/800D/77D/70D/760D/750D/700D 650D/600D/550D/500D/400D/100D/1100D 1200D/1300D
Clip filters are compatible with EF lenses, but not EF-S lenses.